The 2019 FloridaFAPA Awards Nominations must be received by May 8, 2019. Below are the awards and their criteria:
- Caring Hearts Award – to honor a licensed foster familyfor quality service to children, exemplary partnership with the system of care and dedication to children and their families, who are involved in the foster care system.
- Forever Hearts/Dee Wilson Award– to honor an adoptive familythat represents the very best in Florida by providing permanency and a loving family to children in care, with specific attention to special needs, siblings, maintaining connections, and supporting and mentoring other adoptive families.
- Kinship Caregiver Award – to honor a kinship caregiverfor quality care given to children of family who have found themselves in need of a stable loving environment. Note: this may include non-blood related “kin”.
- Partner in Caring Award – to honor a worker or partner(case manager, licensing/placement, Independent Living, GAL) who embodies partnership and collaboration with foster parents and the families served.
- Rising Star Award– to honor a youthfor progress and positive gains, goal setting and accomplishments either academically, socially, mentoring other youth, and personal achievements
- Leadership through Example Award – to honor a CBCfor demonstrating their commitment to children, families and foster parents through positive actions intended to strengthen partnerships and create a culture of caring through the system of care.
Please provide information about EACH of the following 6 items:
- Award Category
- Name and Address of nominee(s)
- Agency and Address of CBC and/or Licensing Agency
- Name of person submitting this nomination and best way to contact (phone/email)
- A description (qualities, actions, characteristics, behaviors) of how your nominee meets the criteria for the selected award
- Will your agency cover travel expenses for your nominee to receive this award at the FloridaFAPA Conference in Daytona Beach 6/21-23?
Submit to Gay Frizzell, Quality Parenting Initiative (QPI) Advisor at: firstname.lastname@example.org