You can start the process at the website below, or contact your local Community Based Care agency for specific instructions for your area.
In 2019, Florida moved to a system of foster home licensing that consisted of five distinct levels:
- Level I: Child-Specific Foster Home
- Level II: Non-Child Specific Foster Home
- Level III: Safe Foster Home For Victims Of Human Trafficking
- Level IV: Therapeutic Foster Home
- Level V: Medical Foster Home
Previously “Traditional” foster homes are now Level II.
For more information on these levels of licensure, click here.
To find resources in your area, please go to our Resources page and click your county … or type the name of your county in the search bar at the top of the page to access information.