Thank you for your interest in the 2018 Florida State Foster Parent Association and National Foster Parent Association Joint Education Conference. The conference will be held June 28-July 1, 2018 in Orlando. (for the event page click here) We look forward to receiving your innovative proposals and value your participation in our conference.
Deadline for Proposals
All proposals must be submitted electronically by Nov. 15, 2017 using this link to submit your proposal.
We encourage proposals that relate to the conference theme while being useful for our conference participants: typically foster, kinship and adoptive families (as well as child welfare and mental health professionals.) Strategies for advocacy – legislative and child or family focused – are welcome.
- Relevance to the conference theme, special populations, organizations and individuals in/outside the the formal child welfare system.
- Engaging format, including use of handouts, interactive presentations and discussions, hands-on learning opportunities.
- Ability to be replicated and adapted by participants within their families, communities, associations and practice areas.
- Explanation of procedure and tools for implementation.
- Relevance to foster, adoptive and kinship families and agency professionals.
- All workshops are 90 minutes in length. The selected presenters MUST agree in writing to provide an electronic copy of any handout materials for possible publication/posting on the conference website and to provide paper copies of handouts are due to FSFAPA by June 21, 2018.
- All presenters and any co-presenters MUST register for the conference. Presenters and co-presenters MUST pay their own expenses, including conference registration. Conference registration is reduced to $150 for presenters and co-presenters who want to attend other workshops and conference events (including any meals). Presenter and co-presenters who attend only their own workshop can register at no cost.
Please note: FSFAPA and/or NFPA will NOT provide projectors or laptops for any workshops. Presenters must bring this equipment with them if it is required for their presentation. This includes any cords or adapters needed to operate your equipment. FSFAPA and/or NFPA do not pay for any presentations, nor do they provide lodging assistance for presenters.