I’m excited; so is Vance Aloupis, The Movement’s CEO. And we think you will be excited, too, about our high-quality newly named board members:
- Carol Jenkins Barnett, of Lakeland, chair and president of Publix Super Markets Charities and longtime benefactor of the statewide ReadingPals early literacy program.
- Wesley Barnett, of Lakeland, an entrepreneur who holds key leadership positions in several technology, retail and entertainment companies.
- Tony Carvajal, of Tallahassee, executive vice president of the Florida Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
- Gary Chartrand, of Jacksonville, executive chairman of Acosta Inc., and a member and former chair of the Florida Board of Education.
- George Fernandez, of Miami, a health-care industry entrepreneur and now founder and president of a medical transportation start-up called Ride2MD.
- Toni Jennings, of Orlando, former lieutenant governor of Florida and state Senate President.
- Gerald Katcher, of Miami, former chair of Sabadell United and Mellon United banks and co-founder of the Early Childhood Initiative Foundation.
- Dr. Jane Katcher, of Miami, a retired pediatric radiologist and co-founder of the Early Childhood Initiative.
- Ron Sachs, of Tallahassee, president and CEO of the Sachs Media Group and a former senior communications chief for Florida Govs. Reubin Askew and Lawton Chiles.
- Bentina Terry, of Pensacola, vice president for customer service and sales at Gulf Power Co. – and board member of Leadership Florida and the Florida Chamber Foundation.
- Susan Towler, of Jacksonville, vice president of the Florida Blue Foundation and the company’s executive director of corporate social responsibility and philanthropic strategy.
- Tom Van Straaten, of Miami, former chemical company CEO and a longtime supporter of early learning and music organizations.
They will add to the momentum…as you do already.