CODE OF CONDUCT URBAN SURF 4 KIDS
Participation in the organization’s programs is subject to the observance of the rules and procedures. The activities outlined below are strictly prohibited. Any participant or staff member who violates this Code is subject to discipline, up to and including removal from this event and or entire program.
Abusive language towards a staff member, volunteer, event participants or other participants.
No use of flow, cursing, or negative words/language of any kind towards anyone at anytime.
No conduct endangering the life, safety, health or well-being of others.
Failure to follow any Urbansurf4kids policy or procedures.
Safeguard the privacy/confidentiality of our individuals, participants, families/ groups as well as the integrity of Urbansurf4kids. All photos must be approved by said party, individuals, participants, families/groups BEFORE any photos are taken.
I have read and understand the Urbansurf4kids Code of Conduct. I agree to abide the rules and guidelines described above and understand that I may be removed as a participant/volunteer if I violate any of these rules.
URBAN SURF 4 KIDS WAIVER 2016 SEASON
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any of Urban Surf 4 Kids programs and / or related activities.
I, ________________________________________________ acknowledge and agree to the have read and fully agreed to the following disclosures:
- Risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist.
- I Acknowledge That Surfing May Be Dangerous And I Accept And Assume Such Risks, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation: I am aware that open water activities in general, and surfing specifically, involves inherent risks.
- I willingly agree to release Urban Surf 4 Kids or any of its employees / volunteers from responsibility and waive all my rights to take any legal action against Urban Surf 4 Kids. If however I will observe any unusual significant hazards during my presence or participation I understand that it is my responsibility to remove myself from participating and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
- I Waive My Right To Sue Urban Surf 4 Kids: In consideration for Urban Surf 4 Kids agreeing to provide me with surfing instructions and allowing me to participate in this class or lesson, I agree that I shall not make a claim or bring any action against, sue, or hold responsible, the local city of the event, Urban Surf 4 Kids, its owners, officers, agents, employees, associates, representatives, volunteers (referred to collectively in this agreement as “Urban Surf 4 Kids”) or expect, require, or pursue them, to be held accountable for any damages. I voluntarily agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Urban Surf 4 Kids from and against any and all claims of liability, even those arising out of their negligence, fault, recklessness, or any other act or omission which causes me damages, illness, injury, disease, or death, of any nature in any way connected with my participation in this activity. I also expressly agree to release and discharge Urban Surf 4 Kids from any act or omission, excluding acts of wanton or gross negligence, in rendering or failing to render any type of rescue, emergency or medical services.
- Urban Surf 4 Kids volunteers are prohibited from posting or distributing pictures of youth at events unless they receive a signed waiver/authorization from the foster parents, guardians, or youth themselves (18 and over). Urban Surf 4 Kids prohibits the photographing
of youth, outside of water activity wearing bikinis, shirtless, or any inappropriate attire. I acknowledge that Urban Surf 4 Kids does contract event photography to commercial vendors. I acknowledge that these pictures will sometimes be utilized in social media campaigns and advertisement. In the event that an individual does not want to be photographed they must contact an Urban Surf 4 Kids staff member at the event. Event photo’s will be made available to volunteers and youth groups through Urban Surf 4 Kids official website or social media sites.
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs assigns, personal representatives and next of kin,
HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS URBAN SURF 4 KIDS, their officers, officials, agents, volunteers and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessons of premises used to conduct the event (“Releases”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damages to person property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY
UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
Name (print): ___________________________________________ Phone: __________________________________
Signature: _______________________________________________ Date: ____________________________________
PARTICIPANT SIGNATURE FOR PARENTS/GUARDIAN OF PARTICIPANTS OF
________________________________ MINOR(S) (UNDER THE AGE OF 18 AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION)
This is to certify that, as parent of guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releases, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Surf
Lessons With Katie and affiliates from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Name of Minor: ________________________________________ Age: ___________________________________
Parent signature: _______________________________________ Date: __________________________________